Welcome to the Eden Prairie Miracle League!
Dedicated July 16, 2016, the Eden Prairie Miracle League is a 501c3 charitable organization that provides children ages 5 and older with special needs the opportunity to be a team member of an organized baseball league, regardless of ability.
Miracle League play happens on specially designed baseball fields – Miracle Fields – that feature a cushioned rubberized surface, wheelchair accessible dugouts and a completely flat surface. Eden Prairie's "Miracle Field" is located at Flying Cloud Fields (15219 Pioneer Trail) near Staring Lake Park.
REGISTRATION OPENS IN EARLY FEBRUARY FOR THE 2021 SEASON!
To register, click here.
The 2021 Season will begin June7 and run through August 2, 2021 (no game July 5). Additional games may be added if games are canceled due to inclement weather. Games will be held one night per week on Mondays starting at 6:30 p.m. As we grow and add more players, we plan to add a 7:30 p.m. session on Mondays or may consider a Saturday morning session (this will be determined based on feedback from families during the registration process).
Coaches will reach out to families on/around June 1st with team information.
- All games are at least two innings in length
- Every player bats once each inning using the baseball Tee or coach pitch
- Every player plays a position
- All players are safe on the bases
- Every player scores a run before the inning is over (last one up gets a home run!)
- Community volunteers serve 1:1 as ‘buddies’ to assist the players and, more importantly, to cheer them on
- Each team and each player wins every game J
To help the players, we use a “buddy” system – pairing each player with an able-bodied peer or adult. Eden Prairie Miracle Athletics is about making new friends, building self-esteem and being treated just like other kids. It’s also a chance for parents, families and friends of special needs kids to connect and cheer on the most incredible athletes on earth! To inquire about volunteering as a buddy, e-mail
Questions, or to get involved – Sponsor, Coach or join the Board – e-mail
Each Miracle League field operates independently under the guidelines of the National Miracle League. To learn more about the how the Eden Prairie Miracle League was formed, click here.
Miracle League’s Mission:
- Provide opportunities for children with disabilities to play Miracle League baseball, regardless of their abilities.
- Promote community support and sponsorship of Miracle Leagues.
- Promote the construction of special facilities that meet the unique needs of Miracle League players and their families.
We cannot change or cure the medical issues life has dealt children with disabilities.
What we can do is provide them with an opportunity to experience the joy
and benefits that come from playing our National pastime–baseball.